CUR is able to fulfill its mission because of our volunteers! Are you passionate about undergraduate research? Would you like to get more involved? If so, here are some volunteer opportunities we have available (please note that some positions are time-sensitive):
Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR)
- Want to Review Manuscripts for SPUR? The success of CUR’s academic journal Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR) lies in the many dedicated individuals who serve in various roles for the journal. Especially crucial are those who review manuscripts for the journal. If you are interested in serving as a SPUR reviewer, please email SPUR@cur.org and indicate areas of expertise (e.g., assessment). Of special interest are those with experience in qualitative/quantitative methods.
- Interested in Reviewing Books for SPUR? Please contact email@example.com and indicate areas of interest for book reviewing.
- The National Conference on Undergraduate Research is always looking for volunteers. There are multiple opportunities dedicated to helping before and during the event. Check out these opportunities and their sign-up deadlines here.
- CUR Conversations are informal, intimate discussions based on hot topics that our members have requested. We are always looking for volunteer facilitators to contribute their time for a one-hour chat on a topic that they feel is close to their wheel-house. If interested in facilitating a conversation, please email Elizabeth Moris with topic(s) you would feel comfortable presenting.
Undergraduate Research Highlights
- Spotlight a Student or your Institution Send in your research stories that highlight student projects and presentations, curricula changes that integrate undergraduate research, innovations in institutional culture that support undergraduate research, and other related pieces regarding undergraduate research. Let us celebrate you. Email Elizabeth Moris with your stories.
- Share, Like, Comment, Follow CUR can be found on many social media platforms including LinkedIn and Facebook. Although a small task of sharing, commenting on a post, or following one or all accounts doesn’t seem like a huge lift, the added presence of our social media profiles allows CUR to grow the awareness of our mission and vision beyond our existing undergraduate research community.
CUR Governance + Division
- Nominations + Elections: CUR is governed by bylaws and a governance structure, led by volunteer leaders who work together to advance CUR’s strategic plan and mission. CUR volunteer leaders can be found at all levels of the organization. CUR Members are encouraged to apply for open positions during the nomination period. Explore the deadlines for nominations and elections here.
Have questions or need more information about volunteer opportunities? Contact CUR@CUR.org.