Fall 2023 Announcement
The Biology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $250 each, for undergraduate students presenting original biological research results at a regional or national, discipline-specific meeting* in fall 2023. Award recipients are required to acknowledge CUR for support of their travel in their talk or poster, to complete a short online survey about their meeting experience, and to submit a PDF file of their poster. Students from traditionally underrepresented groups are encouraged to apply.
- Student must be an undergraduate student at either a two- or four-year institution. If the student is a graduating fourth-year student, travel must be completed within three months of graduation.
- Student’s mentor must be a CUR member, or the student’s home institution must be a CUR institutional member
- Student must attend a discipline-specific meeting or a meeting focused on underrepresented populations such as SACNAS, ABRCMS, or AISES.
- An electronic application form must be completed by the student applicant.
- Travel award (up to $250) will require confirmation of students’ attendance/presentation at the meeting.
Travel award recipients will be chosen based on the scholarly merit of their abstract (150-250 words), which should include:
- A sentence that clearly states the study’s OBJECTIVE (unless included in the title)
- A brief statement of METHODS (if pertinent)
- A summary of the RESULTS
- A statement of CONCLUSIONS (it is not acceptable to state “the results will be discussed”)
- A statement of SIGNIFICANCE
The application window closed on Wednesday, October 4. Applicants will be notified by the end of October.
Please contact Dr. Susan Klinedinst.