Conference of Research Experiences for Undergraduates Student Scholarship
October 27-28, 2013, Westin Arlington Gateway, Arlington, Virginia
Registration Open Now!
Nomination Deadline: August 23, 2013
Student Notification: Beginning September 6, 2013
– For accepted participants and other interested guests. Registration Deadline: September 27, 2013.
The Council on Undergraduate Research would like to invite you to our third Conference of Research Experiences for Undergraduates Student Scholarship to be held October 27-28, 2013 at the Westin Arlington Gateway in Arlington, Virginia. This conference will feature keynote presentations, presentations by students from REU programs in all disciplines, sessions for REU students, faculty, and administrators, and opportunities to meet with representatives from the National Science Foundation and other government agencies. Some planned events include:
- Sessions on timely topics such as: ethics, coordination of REU activities, and recruiting of students for REU programs.
- Opportunities to meet with NSF program directors and other REU administrators.
- The chance to meet and recruit talented students from other REU programs for your own graduate programs.
- Opportunities to present research work in poster format (Poster dimensions: 30"x40")
- Sessions to learn about NSF funding for graduate study and opportunity to meet with faculty recruiters for graduate programs
- Session on career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
Who should be nominated? Ideal student attendees at this conference will be students who demonstrate the successes of the REU program, as evidenced by broadened participation, encouragement of undergraduates to pursue scientific and technical careers, or outstanding research accomplishments.
Note: Each REU Site is limited to 1 nomination, either an individual student or a team of students. A team of students must have worked collaboratively on a research project and be able to present a jointly authored poster at the CREUSS student poster session.
The cost for the conference will be $125 each for student registration and faculty registration plus hotel and travel.
The conference will begin with a Sunday (October 27th) evening reception and plenary session followed by Monday (October 28th) sessions for faculty and students, including a luncheon poster event. We would encourage CREUSS attendees to consider staying through Tuesday (October 29th) for optional visits to meet your representatives on Capitol Hill in Washington D.C., or federal agency program officers.
801 N. Glebe Rd
Arlington, VA 22203
Rate: $199/ night + tax (single/double occupancy)
Room Block ID: Council on Undergraduate Research
Room Block Cut-off: October 4, 2013
To make online reservations, please click here
For more information contact MeLisa Zackery email@example.com
or 202-783-4810, ext. 204.