Research Experiences for Undergraduates Symposium
October 23-24, 2016, Hilton Arlington, Arlington, VA
Nominations will be open: July 7-August 19, 2016
The Council on Undergraduate Research would like to invite you to our sixth Research Experiences for Undergraduates Symposium to be held October 23-24, 2016, at the Hilton Arlington in Arlington, Virginia. This conference will feature keynote presentations; presentations by students from REU programs in all disciplines; sessions for REU students, faculty, and administrators; and opportunities to present to representatives from the National Science Foundation and other government agencies. Some planned events include:
- Opportunities to present research work in poster format to NSF program officers (Poster dimensions: 30"x40")
- Sessions to learn about NSF funding for graduate study
- Session on career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Sessions on timely topics such as ethics, coordination of REU activities, and recruiting of students for REU programs.
- Opportunities to meet with NSF program directors and other REU administrators.
- The chance to meet and recruit talented students from other REU programs for your own graduate programs.
Who should be nominated? Ideal student attendees at this conference will be students who demonstrate the successes of the REU program, as evidenced by broadened participation, encouragement of undergraduates to pursue scientific and technical careers, or outstanding research accomplishments.
Note: Each REU Site is limited to 1 nomination, either an individual student or a team of students. A team of students must have worked collaboratively on a research project and be able to present 1 jointly authored poster at the REUS student poster session.
Questions about the event? Please email Lindsey Thomas
, Manager for Student Programs or Jenn Chow
, Membership Coordinator.