Research Experiences for Undergraduates Symposium
October 25-26, 2015, Hilton Arlington, Arlington, VA
Nominations Open: July 8-August 18, 2015
The Council on Undergraduate Research would like to invite you to our fifth Research Experiences for Undergraduates Symposium to be held October 25-26, 2015 at the Hilton Arlington in Arlington, Virginia. This conference will feature keynote presentations, presentations by students from REU programs in all disciplines, sessions for REU students, faculty, and administrators, and opportunities to present to representatives from the National Science Foundation and other government agencies. Some planned events include:
- Opportunities to present research work in poster format to NSF program officers (Poster dimensions: 30"x40")
- Sessions to learn about NSF funding for graduate study
- Session on career opportunities in Science, Technology, Engineering, and Mathematics
- Sessions on timely topics such as: ethics, coordination of REU activities, and recruiting of students for REU programs.
- Opportunities to meet with NSF program directors and other REU administrators.
- The chance to meet and recruit talented students from other REU programs for your own graduate programs.
Who should be nominated? Ideal student attendees at this conference will be students who demonstrate the successes of the REU program, as evidenced by broadened participation, encouragement of undergraduates to pursue scientific and technical careers, or outstanding research accomplishments.
Note: Each REU Site is limited to 1 nomination, either an individual student or a team of students. A team of students must have worked collaboratively on a research project and be able to present 1 jointly authored poster at the REUS student poster session.
Registration: The cost for the conference will be $150 per meeting attendee. Lodging and travel cost are not included in the registration fee.
The conference will begin with a Sunday (October 25th) evening reception and plenary session followed by Monday (October 26th) sessions for faculty and students and rotating poster sessions at NSF.
950 N. Stafford Street
Arlington, VA 22203
Please contact Mary Pat Twomey at email@example.com