CUR Dialogues is designed to bring faculty and administrators to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to interact with federal agency program officers and other grant funders. Attendees will also have the chance to engage in several networking opportunities.
The 2016 institute will be held from February 18-20, 2016**, at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill in Washington, DC. Information about our conference grant program will be posted in late December/early January.
Early registration deadline: Friday, December 11, 2015
Registration deadline: Friday, February 5, 2016
Click here to register.
**CUR Dialogues 2016 will begin at 4pm on Thursday, February 18, 2016, and will end around noon on Saturday, February 20, 2016.
There is an additional workshop for proposal writers: “Beyond the Basic: Proposal Writing” Workshop. It will begin at 1:30pm on Saturday, February 20th and end at noon on Sunday, February 21st. There is an additional fee for this workshop. Link to register is coming soon.
Workshops and plenary sessions will:
• provide participants with information about grant opportunities in research and education, both new and ongoing; as well as current trends in higher education relevant to undergraduate research,
• assist faculty with strategies on optimizing their grant funding success, and
• foster faculty members’ and administrators’ grant preparation skills.
• meet in small groups and talk informally with program officers and grants management officers. Past participating agencies include: National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Endowment for the Arts, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Department of Defense agencies, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, American Chemical Society’s Petroleum Research Fund, American Education Research Association, and more;
• meet with other faculty and administrators who have met with success in grant funding; and
• network with other faculty and administrator colleagues to identify potential research collaborations.
In addition, CUR Dialogues provides a setting for funders to learn of the interests, needs, and concerns of researchers and educators relative to funding opportunities. CUR Dialogues have spawned many ideas for grant programs, and has helped agencies to refine their program guidelines.
Who should attend: Faculty at all career stages; undergraduate research directors; research and sponsored programs administrators; development and governmental affairs officers.
Enhanced Member: Early-bird: $360 / Regular: $400 / Late: $420
Institutional Member: Early-bird: $420 / Regular: $460 / Late: $480
Individual Member: Early-bird: $480 / Regular: $520 / Late: $540
Non Member: Early-bird: $540/ Regular: $580 / Late: $600
Hyatt Regency Washington on Capitol Hill
400 New Jersey Ave NW
Washington, DC 20001
Tel: +1 202 737 1234, Fax: +1 202 737 5773
Reservations: 1-888-421-1442 or https://resweb.passkey.com/Resweb.do?mode=welcome_ei_new&eventID=13851166
Single/Double Occupancy - $175
Triple Occupancy - $200
Quadruple Occupancy - $225
Cutoff date – Wednesday, January 27, 2016
Map and directions:
Hotels near Union Station - Washington, DC
From/To Ronald Reagan National Airport (DCA):
Taxi: Taxis to our hotel near the Washington DC metro are available outside the baggage claim area. Fare is approximately $14 - $18 (10-20 min)
Metro Washington, DC Subway: Take the Yellow line from the airport to the Gallery Place/Chinatown stop. Transfer to the Red line to Union Station (2nd stop). The Union Station Metro stop is located three blocks from the hotel. Fare is approximately $2.70 (20-25 min). Fares may vary based on time-of day. To check fares, visit the WMATA website.
Super Shuttle: Available 7 days a week. Shuttle vans are located at the airport, outside the baggage claim area at Ground Transportation. Look for blue vans with yellow lettering. The shuttles make multiple stops and drop off directly at the hotel. Advance reservations may be made by calling 800-BlueVan (800-258-3826) or on Super Shuttle's website. Approximate fare is $14 one way, timing is dependent upon number of stops required by passengers.
0-1 hours - $28.00
1-2 hours - $33.00
2-10 hours - $38.00
10-24 hours - $52.00
Overnight - $52.00
Oversized Vehicle: $58.00
CUR Dialogues 2015
CUR Dialogues 2015 was held on February 19-21, 2015, at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View Hotel. For more information about last year’s program, please see: CUR Dialogues 2015 Program