CUR Dialogues 2017 - February 16-18, 2017
“CUR Dialogues provided a great opportunity to meet with NSF and DOE program officers and engage in conversations about submitting the best possible proposal from our institution. The REU Mock Review Panel session was one of the best things I’ve attended with the opportunity for immediate feedback from NSF program officers. “
Marisa Moazen, Ph.D., Director, Office of UR, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
CUR Dialogues is designed to bring faculty and administrators to the Washington, D.C. metropolitan area to interact with federal agency program officers and other grant funders. Attendees will also have the chance to engage in several networking opportunities.
The 2017 institute will be held from February 16-18, 2017**, at the Renaissance Arlington Capital View in Arlington, VA. Information about our conference grant program will be posted
Registration deadline: Wednesday, February 1, 2017.
**CUR Dialogues 2017 will begin at 4pm on Thursday, February 16, 2017, and will end around noon on Saturday, February 18, 2017.
There is an additional workshop for proposal writers: “Beyond the Basic: Proposal Writing” Workshop. It will begin at 1:30pm on Saturday, February 19th and end at noon on Sunday, February 20th. There is an additional $125 fee for this workshop. Rate includes lunch on Saturday and breakfast on Sunday. Registration details are available from the registration portal of the conference site. For more information about the required project summary, please click here.
Workshops and plenary sessions will:
• provide participants with information about grant opportunities in research and education, both new and ongoing; as well as current trends in higher education relevant to undergraduate research,
• assist faculty with strategies on optimizing their grant funding success, and
• foster faculty members’ and administrators’ grant preparation skills.
• meet in small groups and talk informally with program officers and grants management officers. Past participating agencies include: National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Endowment for the Arts, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Department of Defense agencies, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, American Chemical Society’s Petroleum Research Fund, American Education Research Association, and more;
• meet with other faculty and administrators who have met with success in grant funding; and
• network with other faculty and administrator colleagues to identify potential research collaborations.
In addition, CUR Dialogues provides a setting for funders to learn of the interests, needs, and concerns of researchers and educators relative to funding opportunities. CUR Dialogues have spawned many ideas for grant programs, and has helped agencies to refine their program guidelines.
Who should attend: Faculty at all career stages; undergraduate research directors; research and sponsored programs administrators; development and governmental affairs officers.
Rates coming soon!
Renaissance Arlington Capital View in Arlington, VA
2800 South Potomac Ave., Arlington, VA 22202
Phone: +1-703-413-1300 / Fax: +1-703-413-3648
Single/Double Occupancy - $159
Cutoff date – Saturday, January 21, 2017
Book your group rate for Welcome! CUR Dialogues Workshop
Map and directions:
- Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - DCA
Airport Phone: +1 703 417 8000
Hotel direction: 0.9 miles SW
- Airport shuttle service, scheduled, complimentary - Shuttle Phone: 1 703 413 1300
- Alternate transportation: SuperShuttle; fee: 15 USD (one way) ;reservation required - 800-BlueVan (800-258-3826) or on Super Shuttle's website
- Subway service, fee: 1.65 USD (one way)
- Estimated taxi fare: 10 USD (one way)
Visit DCA airport website
- Washington Dulles International Airport - IAD
Airport Phone: +1 703 572 2700
Hotel direction: 28 miles SE
This hotel does not provide shuttle service to Dulles.
- Alternate transportation: Super Shuttle; fee: 30 USD (one way); reservation required - 800-BlueVan (800-258-3826) or on Super Shuttle's website
- Estimated taxi fare: 50 USD (one way)
Visit IAD airport website
- On-site parking, fee: 9 USD hourly, 29 USD daily; Valet parking, fee: 34 USD daily
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway, Arlington, Virginia 22202
CUR Dialogues 2016
CUR Dialogues 2016 was held on February 18-20, 2016, at the Hyatt Regency Capitol Hill Hotel. For more information about last year’s program, please see: CUR Dialogues 2016 Program.