Who are we?
Psychology Division Chair: Karen Gunther, Wabash College
The Psychology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research provides networking opportunities, activities, and resources to assist administrators, faculty members, students, practitioners, mentors, and others in advancing undergraduate research.
The Psychology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research supports research in our discipline. To support these activities, we provide networking opportunities, activities, and resources for faculty, students, and others. Some of our active resources are provided below:
- Communications: We encourage our members to reach out to the division with questions and/or suggestions. We offer the following avenues to communicate with our councilors, members of the Psychology Division, and/or other people interested in undergraduate research in psychology.
- CUR Conversation
- The latest CUR Conversation with Nicole Campione-Barr, Psychology Division Mid-Career Mentor Awardee, entitled "Growing and Diversifying the Field of Psychological Science through Mentored Undergraduate Research Programs" is now on CUR's YouTube page. Watch it here.
- Psychology Undergraduate Student Research or Presentation Awards (currently closed)
The CUR Psychology Division is offering a limited number of research (e.g., supplies or expenses) or presentation (travel/conference registration) awards for undergraduate students conducting original psychological research (up to $400 per project).
- Student Travel Awards (currently closed)
Each year, the division offers a limited number of travel awards (up to $200 each) for undergraduate students presenting original psychological research results at a regional or national, discipline-specific meeting.
- Mid-Career Mentoring Award: (currently closed)
Each year, the division awards a mid-career mentoring award. The award is presented to a CUR Psychology Division member who has influenced UR through his/her own research, through scholarly or creative projects with undergraduates, and/or through demonstrated leadership activities. The award consists of $500. (Check out our past winners.)
- UR Conferences in Psychology