Divisions - Engineering Video Contest
Call for applications
To highlight student research, the CUR Engineering Division has launched the Student Research Video Competition. Undergraduates share their research videos with the public via the CUR Engineering Division and will also be eligible to be recognized publicly and potentially receive a cash award.
Applicants are asked to follow these guidelines for video submission:
- Please record yourself discussing the research. The video must be no longer than 120 seconds. Visuals are not required but may be helpful.
- Videos must be posted on YouTube, and the setting must be either set to "unlisted" or "public."
- All engineering students who submit a valid application by the due date.
Videos will be reviewed based on the following criteria. Check out the detailed description
of each of the following:
- Clarity of Purpose
- Appropriateness of Methodology
- Quality of Analysis and/or Interpretation
- Ability to Present the Research or Creative Activity
- Organization of the Presented Materials
- Value of Research or Creative Activity to the Discipline
- Delivery/ Communication
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Congratulations to the following students who were scholarship winners of the CUR Engineering Division Video Competition! Engineering students who presented their research at NCUR (or were accepted to present in the case of 2020) were invited to submit a video to share information about their research, why their research is important to them, and what the experience has meant to them. Winning videos were selected by the Engineering Division. When available, videos can be viewed by selecting the student's name.
Anupama (Sigma) Kar