Divisions - Engineering Video Contest
Call for applications
The CUR Engineering Division announces the 2021 Student Research Video Competition. We would like to highlight student research. By applying to this competition, undergraduates will share their research videos with the public via the CUR Engineering Division. Undergraduates also will also be eligible to be recognized publicly and potentially receive a cash award. All submissions will be reviewed by May 5, 2021 and award decisions will be announced by the middle of May 2021.
Guidelines for video submission:
- Please record yourself discussing the research. The video must be no longer than 120 seconds. Visuals are not required but may be helpful.
- Videos must be posted on Youtube and the setting must be either set to "unlisted" or "public".
- All engineering students that submit a valid application by April 17, 2021.
Videos will be reviewed based on the following criteria. Check out the detailed description
of each of the following:
- Clarity of Purpose
- Appropriateness of Methodology
- Quality of Analysis and/or Interpretation
- Ability to Present the Research or Creative Activity
- Organization of the Presented Materials
- Value of Research or Creative Activity to the Discipline
- Delivery/ Communication
- Diversity, Equity, & Inclusion
Congratulations to the following students who were scholarship winners of the CUR Engineering Division Video Contest! Engineering students who presented their research at NCUR (or were accepted to present in the case of 2020) were invited to submit a video to share information about their research, why their research is important to them, and what the experience has meant to them. Winning videos were selected by the Engineering Division.
Anupama (Sigma) Kar