Institutional Membership - Institutional
Institutional membership is designed to assist secondary and postsecondary institutions with developing, supporting, and sustaining their undergraduate research efforts. CUR can be a catalyst for campus transformation, offering opportunities for faculty professional development in research and curriculum and tools for administrators. Institutional membership exemplifies administrative commitment to undergraduate research, a message that is much appreciated by faculty, current students, and prospective students. In addition, institutional members join with many other prestigious academic institutions in support of undergraduate research as an important component of higher education. CUR’s wide contact base allows for the organization’s dynamic national and international representation of those involved with undergraduate research in all disciplines. Benefits are comprehensive and designed to exceed those of the individual membership level.
Institutions located in Canada receive a 25-percent discount on the member dues listed above and those located in countries other than the United States and Canada receive a 50-percent discount on the member dues listed above.
Discounted System Memberships also are available; please contact the CUR Membership Team to learn more.
Institutional Member Benefits
Benefits to the Institution:
- Three individual memberships, which are assigned at the institution's discretion. The three representatives receive the same membership benefits as individual members. Please note that CUR also offers the Enhanced Institutional Membership level with unlimited individual memberships.
- Inside information on government relations, funding opportunities, and breaking news.
- Discounts on CUR Institute registration fees, CUR Meeting registration fees, and CUR services.
- Participation in the annual Posters on the Hill event. This highly competitive event brings 60 students and their faculty mentors to Washington, DC, each year to present their research and meet their representatives on Capitol Hill. CUR membership is required for student-faculty teams to apply.
- Discounts on CUR publications. A complimentary copy of each CUR publication in the popular ‘How-To” series is also sent to all new institutional members for their library.
- Press releases from your institution on activities related to CUR's mission can be posted on your behalf to Newswise, a daily wire sent to more than 4,000 journalists.
- A subscription to Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR) and access to the searchable archive featuring news and information about undergraduate research activities at other institutions, descriptions of research funding available from federal and foundation sources, and feature articles on undergraduate research. Members are encouraged to submit articles to SPUR for consideration.
- 30 percent off the first-year subscription to ScholarBridge services.
Direct benefits to the three institutional member representatives include:
- A print subscription to Scholarship and Practice of Undergraduate Research (SPUR).
- The ability to network and collaborate with other members to discuss issues, solve problems, and share resources in the CUR Community. The CUR Community includes an open forum for all members as well as special networks for sharing job postings and a student journals community.
- Discounts to attend CUR Conferences and CUR Dialogues, which feature workshops and opportunities to network with peers and representatives of funding agencies.
- Discounts on CUR publications.
- Access to information on funding opportunities, jobs, and other resources on the members-only portion of CUR's website, in the biweekly CUR E-News, and in the CUR Community.
- Eligibility to receive mentoring or presubmission proposal reviews from colleagues in a particular discipline.
- Eligibility to run for CUR Councilor.
- The opportunity to develop and be recognized for leadership skills within the academic community by serving on CUR committees and on the General Council or participating in departmental consulting, speaking, and other leadership activities.
- Discounts on Wiley publications