April 27 - 28, 2021 | Virtually
Posters on the Hill is a critical element in CUR's advocacy efforts. It is more important than ever that the voice of undergraduate researchers and their mentors are heard on Capitol Hill. This prestigious event celebrates the impressive work of the accepted students and supports the messages of the importance for undergraduate research at the federal level. Sixty student presenters have been selected from hundreds of applicants to participate in this prestigious event.
Virtual POH 2021 will be a little different this year, but will still include the critical elements of a traditional POH signature event.
This year, accepted student's registration fees will be $99 and will include*:
- A public landing page that showcases all the accepted students.
- A public feature page for each student including information such as a photo, a bio, information on the research project, and a brief video provided by the student. This would be archived for a year.
- A custom social media kit for use in inviting people to view your page and announce your achievement.
- Social media engagement and marketing efforts by CUR to showcase the recognition leading up to and during the event.
- A few informal live "Meet the Researcher" sessions
- Advocacy training opportunities
*Faculty, mentors, administration, friends and family, etc do not need to register. Only accepted students need to register.
REGISTER FOR POH 2021 Participant Materials Checklist
|Key Dates to Remember
||April 9, 2021
|Participants Materials Due
||April 9, 2021
||April 27 - 28, 2021
|April 27, 2021
2:00 - 3:00 PM ET
Virtual Welcome Reception for Awardees and Faculty Mentors
RSVP by 4/27/2021
|April 28, 2021
2:00 - 4:00 PM ET
|Virtual Poster Reception
|Meet the Researchers (Coming soon)
* More details pertaining to this preliminary agenda will be released as the dates approach. Over both days, students and their mentors will be conducting virtual meetings with Congressional members to discuss their research and advocate for the importance of undergraduate research at the federal level.
If you have any questions, please reach out to Liz Hains.
Interested in past Posters on the Hill events? Read more:
Visit CUR’s Upcoming Events page to see a list of all scheduled events.