NCUR 2021 @Home Volunteers
For the first time in its history, the CUR National Office is both implementing and hosting the National Conference on Undergraduate Research (NCUR) in 2021. NCUR will be delivered as a virtual experience in 2021, and while we are extremely excited for the potential of this digital experience, we are also in great need of your help. NCUR receives thousands of student abstracts in all academic disciplines every year, and we anticipate this year to be no different. In addition, we need moderators and discussion leaders for various presentations. Volunteer your time to help out NCUR 2021 @Home today.
Moderators and Discussion Leaders Needed. NCUR is seeking volunteers to serve as student oral presentation moderators, faculty discussion leaders, and student skill builder session leaders. Faculty, administrators, mentors/advisors as well as any graduate students are eligible to serve in these capacities. Please note: Undergraduate students are not eligible to serve as volunteers for NCUR 2021. The deadline to volunteer is February 26, 2021.
The expected workload for student oral presentation moderators is as follows:
- Availability to informally communicate with student panelists before NCUR to get acquainted and prepared for the session. This can be accomplished via email. Total Time: ~1 hour
- Availability to moderate 2-3 60-minute student oral presentation sessions over the course of NCUR, April 12-14, 2021. We will give preference to matching you with sessions within your discipline of a similar discipline. Please indicate ALL times for which you are available below. Total time: ~2-3 hours
The expected workload for faculty discussion leaders is as follows:
- Preparation of informal contributory content and/or seed questions for discussion. Total time: ~1 hour
- Availability to lead an informal faculty discussion on a topic listed below during NCUR. Please indicate which topics for which you'd be interested in facilitating a conversation. Total time: ~1 hour
The expected workload for student skill builder session leaders is as follows:
- 1-2 coordination calls with other volunteers, sharing resources beforehand. Total time: ~1-2 hours
- Availability to participate in Preparing for Graduate School: Coaching Corner skill builder session on April 13, 2021, from 5:00 PM - 6:00 PM ET. Volunteers will meet with students individually or in small groups to give real-time feedback on things like resumes, CVs, cover letters, etc. Total time: ~1 hour
Abstract Reviewers At this time, we are no longer in need of NCUR 2021 reviewers. If interested in being notified for future volunteer opportunities within NCUR 2021, please fill out the form within the link below.