Key Questions for Educational Professionals in the Age of AI
ChatGPT is Only the Beginning!
March 29, 2023 | 12:00 - 1:15 PM ET
Interactive Expert Seminar
Faculty, mentors, and other educational professionals have been struggling with the impact of easily accessible technology available to students outside of the classroom for decades. Although ChatGPT seems like it came out of nowhere, there has been 80 years of development behind it and much more extensive artificial intelligence agents are waiting in the wings to be launched in 2023. This is the moment that AI watchers have been waiting for, and its impact will be as great on education as the internet itself (except exponentially faster!)
In this Interactive Expert Seminar, join Shelly Alcorn, a specialist that stands at the intersection of technology, as she helps the higher education community explore top concerns of educators and answer some key questions that you will help you in incorporating this technology into your strategies. Ultimately, this session will help you understand and develop strategies to help your colleagues and students adapt to this massive advance in intelligence.
Available until March 28, 2023
*Virtual access is for single use. If a group would like to access content via one login, please contact CUR@CUR.org for custom pricing.
Accepted forms of payment for registration:
Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all accepted.)
If paying by check, please email CUR@CUR.org your check number to save your space.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the format for this offering? Session will be online, powered by Zoom.
- When is the deadline to register? March 28.
- What is the registration cancellation policy? CUR will not honor cancellation requests for this offering since it will be recorded and made available to registrants after the date. Transfer of registration to another individual is free of charge but subject to member classification charges due to differences in rates. Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the CUR National Office.
- What is the Data Usage Policy? By registering, you provide consent that your profile will be stored with CUR and shared with processing systems for the purpose of doing business with CUR. You will provide consent to receiving announcements from CUR and you may opt-out at any time by contacting CUR or updating preferences. By registering, you will also consent to CUR sharing your profile information to set up an account in the event platform and that you may opt-out at any time by contacting CUR. By registering, you give consent for any session in which you participate to be recorded and available for viewing for a limited period of time following the end of the event. CUR also reserves the right to use screen grabs and/or photos captured by conference organizers in event marketing materials.
- What is the code of conduct? You can read the code of conduct via our Event Policies and Procedures page.
- When will I receive login access to the offering? You will receive your login access link in the days leading up to the event.
For additional questions and comments, please email CUR@CUR.org.
Look for additional events on CUR's events page.