For any questions pertaining to a specific event, please email events@CUR.org.
Our priority remains the safety of attendees, presenters, CUR staff, and hotel personnel. As such, we will follow COVID-19 safety protocols and mandates by federal and/or local authorities at the time of the event.
Attendees at on-site CUR events will be required to provide proof they are fully vaccinated, as defined by the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention (CDC), against COVID-19 prior to checking in on-site. CUR has partnered with 42Chat, a third-party service provider, to collect proof of vaccination information and to ensure data security. The information will be verified starting about three weeks prior to the event. Attendees will also be asked to complete a daily health screening via the 42Chat system during the event. Systematic testing, contract tracing, and isolation and/or quarantine measures will remain the responsibility of the individual.
During registration, you will be asked to provide a mobile number for the person registering to contact them via text using the 42Chat system regarding documentation to be provided in advance to meet our COVID-19 protocols, daily health status updates, onsite event details, and emergency information.
Please note that we will continue to post updates to our website as the situation evolves and policies might be updated.
Providing Mobile Phone Number
Please provide a current mobile phone number for the individual registering for the event where they can be reached throughout the event lifecycle. By providing this mobile number, you acknowledge that we will use this mobile phone number to contact you via text for the ConnectUR event regarding documentation to be provided in advance to meet our COVID-19 protocols, daily health status updates, onsite event details, and emergency information. Your data will not be shared with, sold to, or marketed to by any third party, and we have partnered with 42Chat to provide this service and ensure data security. You can opt out of receiving text messages at any time by texting “Opt Out”.
COVID-19 Liability Waiver
Participant acknowledges the contagious nature of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 and that the Centers for Disease Control and Prevention and other governmental or public health authorities recommend vaccination and wearing of masks to prevent the spread of the virus. Participant further acknowledges that there is no guarantee that these preventative measures will prevent the transmission of the virus.
Participant further acknowledges that Council on Undergraduate Research (“CUR”) cannot guarantee that Participant will not become infected with the Coronavirus/COVID-19 by participating in the event hosted by CUR. Participant understands that the risk of becoming exposed to and/or infected by the Coronavirus/COVID-19 may result from the actions, omissions or negligence of Participant and others, including, but not limited to, CUR’s staff, contractors, the venue’s staff, other participants, attendees, and their families.
Participant represents and confirms that:
- Participant will not attend the event if Participant is experiencing any symptom of illness such as:
- Fever, such as chills, sweats, feelings "feverish", or having a temperature that is elevated at or above 100.4 F.
- Cough, shortness of breath or difficulty breathing, or chest tightness
- Runny nose, congestion, or eye drainage
- Sore throat or loss of taste/smell
- Body aches, fatigue, or headache
- Diarrhea, nausea, or vomiting
- Participant will not attend the event if Participant has traveled to any area considered high risk for COVID-19 or been exposed to someone with a suspected and/or confirmed case of the Coronavirus/COVID-19 within the number of days outlined by CDC for quarantine and isolation.
- Participant will. not attend the event if Participant has been diagnosed with Coronavirus/COVID-19 within the number of days outlined by CDC for quarantine and isolation.
- Participant will follow all CDC and local governmental recommended guidelines as much as possible and limiting any exposure to the Coronavirus/COVID-19.
- Participant will follow safety protocols required by the facility or event organizers at the time of the event.
Participant hereby releases and agrees to hold CUR harmless from, and waive on behalf of Participant, Participant's heirs, and any personal representatives, any and all causes of action, claims, demands, damages, costs, expenses, and compensation for damage or loss to Participant and/or property that may be caused by any act, or failure to act of CUR related to the event.
Participant understands and agrees that this release discharges CUR, its officers, directors, employees, and contractors, from any liability or claim that Participant, Participant’s heirs, or any personal representatives may have against CUR with respect to any bodily injury, illness, death, medical treatment or property damage that may arise from, or in connection to Participant’s participation in the CUR event.
To read the full Policies and Procedures, please visit here.