Advancing Future Research: Strategies for Long-term Sustainability
February 14-17, 2019
“CUR Dialogues provided a great opportunity to meet with NSF and DOE program officers and engage in conversations about submitting the best possible proposal from our institution. The REU Mock Review Panel session was one of the best things I’ve attended with the opportunity for immediate feedback from NSF program officers.“ Marisa Moazen, PhD, Director, Office of UR, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville
CUR Dialogues 2019 Program *Coming Soon*
(In the meantime, you can view last year's program at the bottom of this page)
The 2019 CUR Dialogues will be held from February 14-17, 2019**, at the Crystal Gateway Marriott in Arlington, VA.
Registration will begin in mid September (Early-bird registration ends Friday, 12/14/18).
**CUR Dialogues 2019 will begin at 4pm on Thursday, February 14, 2019, and will end around noon on Saturday, February 16, 2019.
There is an additional workshop for proposal writers: “Beyond the Basic: Proposal Writing” Workshop. It will begin at 1:30pm on Saturday, February 16 and end at noon on Sunday, February 17. There is an additional $135 fee for this workshop. Rate includes breakfast on Sunday. Registration details are available from the registration portal of the conference site. For more information about the required project summary, please click here
Workshops and plenary sessions will:
- Provide participants with information about grant opportunities in research and education, both new and ongoing, as well as current trends in higher education relevant to undergraduate research;
- Assist faculty with strategies on optimizing their grant funding success; and
- Foster faculty members’ and administrators’ grant preparation skills.
- Meet in small groups and talk informally with program officers and grants management officers. Past participating agencies have included the National Science Foundation, National Institutes of Health, National Endowment for the Humanities, National Endowment for the Arts, Department of Energy, Department of Education, Department of Defense agencies, Howard Hughes Medical Institute, American Chemical Society’s Petroleum Research Fund, and American Educational Research Association
- Meet with other faculty and administrators who have been successful in obtaining grant funding; and
- Network with other faculty and administrators to identify potential research collaborations.
In addition, CUR Dialogues provides a setting for funders to learn of the interests, needs, and concerns of researchers and educators relative to funding opportunities. CUR Dialogues have spawned many ideas for grant programs and have helped agencies to refine their program guidelines.
Who should attend: Faculty at all career stages, undergraduate research directors, research and sponsored programs administrators, development and governmental affairs officers
Registration is not complete until payment has been received.
All CUR Dialogue fees must be paid in full by Friday, February 1, 2019.
Based on Membership Type
Register by 12.14.18
Register by 2.1.19
Register by 2.14.19
One Day Rate
Register by 2.1.19
|Enhanced Institutional Member
|Beyond the Basics Workshop
*Rate includes the following meals: Thursday - reception only; Friday - breakfast, lunch and reception, Saturday - breakfast only
A limited number of conference grants are available for individuals to attend CUR Dialogues 2019 on February 14-17, 2019, in Arlington, VA.
The deadline to apply is December 14, 2018. The link to apply will be posted later this fall.
1700 Jefferson Davis Highway | Arlington, VA 22202
Book your group rate for Council on Undergraduate Research:
1-800-228-9290 or 703-920-3230
Rate: $139.00 USD Single per night / $149.00 Double per night (Last day to book: 1/23/2019)
Map and directions:
Ronald Reagan Washington National Airport - DCA
Airport Phone: 1 703 417 8000
Hotel direction: 2.0 miles NW
- Airport shuttle service, scheduled, complimentary Mon-Sun: 05:00 AM - 00:00 AM Shuttle Phone: +1 703 9203230
- Courtesy Phone Available
- Estimated taxi fare: 10 USD (one way)
- Subway service, fee: 3.1 USD (one way)
Baltimore/Washington International Thurgood Marshall Airport (BWI)
Washington Dulles International Airport - IAD
Airport Phone: 1 703 572 2700
Hotel direction: 28 miles SE
This hotel does not provide shuttle service to Dulles.
On-site parking, fee: $37
In general, the cancellation deadline is 30 days prior to the start of the conference, except where explicitly noted. Cancellations requests received in writing to the CUR National Office
prior to the cancellation deadline will receive a full refund less a $50.00 cancellation fee. No refunds will be given after the cancellation deadline. Transfer of registration to another individual before the cancellation deadline is free of charge but subject to member classification charges due to differences in conference rates. Transfer of registration after the cancellation deadline will be charged a $50.00 transfer fee.
Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the CUR National Office.
CUR always suggests that registrants purchase low-cost travel insurance when booking their air reservations. Not only will this insurance cover your airfare in the event of cancellation, but it will also cover the registration cost for the meeting.
Most Recent Offering
This event was last held on January 15-17, 2018, at the Hyatt Regency Crystal City in Arlington, VA.
For questions or additional information about the institute, please contact Tavia Cummings