CUR Dialogues | February 14 - 18, 2022 | Virtual
Whether you are writing a grant proposal, navigating the ins and outs of finding funding for your undergraduate research (UR) program or just trying to figure out where to start, the entire process can feel like climbing a mountain. CUR Dialogues was created to present an accessible platform for the UR community to discuss the many available possibilities of funding and grants with federal agency program officers and other grant funders. CUR Dialogues offers the UR community a journey up that steep hill when developing program initiatives that call for future funding. Your adventure kicks off February 14, 2022, and paves the way through five days until February 18, 2022. In this time period, CUR Dialogues offers a virtual structure that will allow viewing of scheduled presentations and conversations with federal agencies and grant funding decision-makers in both live and on-demand formats.
The goals of CUR Dialogues 2022 are:
- Provide information for those getting started in the funding and grants processes
- Deliver practical advice and case studies
- Offer encouragement and support for those on the journey of seeking funding
- Give space for dialogue between stakeholders
- Build collaboration with research officers
- Support faculty/sponsored research teams
CHOOSE YOUR EXPERIENCE
What do you want to get out of Dialogues? How do you learn best?
Choose from two learning options to best suit your needs for the virtual conference.
|Daily plenary and live content.
|Daily release of on-demand updates from funders.
|Daily live Q&A breakouts with funders and other participants.
|Online community access with resources and discussion.
|Facilitated experience with additional live sessions.
|Extra touchpoints including additional course materials, resources, and opportunities to build a draft proposal and get feedback.
What does the Standard Course offer?
Learn at your own pace, self-guided. Each day will have a plenary with live content to interact with and on-demand updates to look back at during and after the conference. With the standard course, you will have access to the online community of others attending the conference to network, share resources, and discuss your findings, etc.
What does the Guided Course offer?
In addition to the standard course content, participants in the guided course will spend one hour each morning with grant experts Bill Campbell and Paul Dehn completing a Grant Proposal Template and getting direct feedback on your proposal. This course is great for faculty or sponsored research staff. If you register as a group, you will have opportunities to work together on your proposal drafts throughout the week. By the end of the guided course, you will have a near-complete grant proposal that has been reviewed by your peers and our course leaders.
Available until December 31, 2021
Available until February 7, 2022
STANDARD TIER REGISTRATION GUIDED TIER REGISTRATION
* You are able to upgrade your registration rate from Standard to Guided at any time before February 7, 2022.
Please contact CUR@CUR.org to activate your upgrade.
**Want to take advantage of member registration rates? Join now before registering.
Looking to send multiple individuals from one institution?
Group rates are available for three or more individuals from the same institution.
A 25% discount will be taken at the time of registration.
All registrants must register through the main institution membership contact.
Please contact CUR@CUR.org to get your group rate invoice.
Accepted forms of payment for registration:
Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all accepted.)
Check payment must be received by January 29, 2022.
Registration Cancellation and Substitution Policy: CUR will honor cancellation requests and provide a refund, less a $50 processing fee, for all requests submitted in writing no later than January 10, 2022. No refunds will be permitted after January 10, 2022. Please submit cancellation requests in writing to email@example.com. Transfer of registration to another individual before the cancellation deadline is free of charge but subject to member classification charges due to differences in conference rates. Transfer of registration after the cancellation deadline will be charged a $50.00 transfer fee.
Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the CUR National Office.
PRELIMINARY DAILY SCHEDULE
|Monday, February 14 - Friday, February 18, 2022
|9:00 AM ET
||Daily release of pre-recorded updates from funders.
|11:30 AM - 12:30 PM ET
||Guided tier additional live programming.
|1:00 - 2:00 PM ET
||Daily plenary panel and live content.
|2:30 - 3:30 PM ET
||Daily Q&A breakouts with funders and other participants.
||Community posts, discussions, and resources.
Frequently Asked Questions:
- Are there any requirements to attend this event?
- CUR membership is NOT required to participate, but you will need to create a free CUR website account here to register.
- Will this event be held as a virtual, hybrid, or in-person event?
- What are the dates/times of the program?
- Monday, February 14 - Friday, February 18, 2022 with live programming between 1:00-3:30 PM ET (standard) and 11:30-3:30 PM ET (guided). Asynchronous content will also be available for viewing up to three months post-event.
- What is the deadline to register?
- The early bird registration deadline is December 31, 2021, and the final registration cut-off is February 7, 2022.
- What is the cost to attend?
- See the registration fee table above. Please note that you can upgrade to the guided version for an additional $125 until February 7, 2022.
- What are the event-related policies and procedures?
- Please see CUR's Event Policies and Procedures page for questions related to accepted payment types, registration cancellation policy, substitution policy, schedule and agenda changes, data and photo use, and code of conduct.
- Will there be a workshop like 'Beyond the Basics' from previous years?
- This year, content previously presented, will be incorporated into the Guided registration rate instead of as a standalone in order to increase the participant's experience.
- Do I need to pay at the time I register?
- Yes. Payment is. required at the time you register. If you are paying by check, please see our address in which to send your payment to. Until payment is received, your registration is not complete.
- Will live sessions be recorded?
- All content sessions will be recorded and made available for at least three months post-event. All Q&A sessions will not be recorded and archived.
- Can I upgrade to the Guided Rate after I have already registered at the Standard rate?
- Yes, you can upgrade to the Guided tier for an additional $125 any time on or before February 7, 2022. Please email CUR@CUR.org to process your upgrade.
“CUR Dialogues provided a great opportunity to meet with NSF and DOE program officers and engage in conversations about submitting the best possible proposal from our institution. The REU Mock Review Panel session was one of the best things I’ve attended with the opportunity for immediate feedback from NSF program officers.“
-- Marisa Moazen, PhD, Director, Office of UR, The University of Tennessee, Knoxville