Registration is now open.
June 23-24, 2022 | Online
June 27-29, 2022 | On-site, Washington, DC
The inaugural ConnectUR conference will provide a forum where attendees can draw on knowledge exchange, scholarship of teaching and learning, group discussion, and community building to expand their approaches to undergraduate research. This conference is open to all individuals with a commitment to or interest in undergraduate research. Overall this conference will focus on the areas of leadership for undergraduate research; diversity, equity, and inclusion; advocacy and partnership; collaboration and community; and accountability and sustainability.
The call for proposals is now open for submissions!
We look forward to receiving your ideas as they relate to the focus areas of this conference. We encourage all submitters to download the proposal template prior to submitting it. This template will help you brainstorm and put together your ideas before accessing the submission form.
Please note that you will not have an option to save mid-way or go back during your submission process.
The submission form closes on January 21, 2022, at 11:59 PM ET.
DOWNLOAD PROPOSAL TEMPLATE SUBMIT YOUR PROPOSAL
Choose which option below to start your registration process.
ONLINE REgistration Only On-SITE With Free online add-on Registration (Bundle)
Information about COVID safety protocols can be found here.
* Nonmember rate includes a 1-year CUR membership.
** Grad student rate includes a 1-year CUR membership. If you are currently a CUR member, your rate will be $75 (online)
or $165 (on-site). For all grad student registrations, please email CUR@CUR.org.
*** If you register for the on-site experience by the early-bird deadline of April 18, 2022, the virtual conference is a free add-on.
Looking to send multiple individuals from one institution?
Group rates are available for three or more individuals from the same institution. A 25% discount will be taken at the time of registration. All registrants must register through the main institution membership contact. Please contact CUR@CUR.org to get your group rate invoice.
Accepted forms of payment for all registration:
Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all accepted.)
Check payment must be received by June 10, 2022.
HOUSING INFORMATION (On-Site Registrants)
1001 16th Street, NW
Washington, DC 20036
Rate: $169.00 per night plus taxes and fees.
Housing rate cut-off ends May 27, 2022.
Book Housing TOday
A more detailed agenda will be announced in April 2022.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- What is the difference between Online vs Onsite?
- Online will take place June 23-24, 2022, powered by Zoom
- Onsite will take place June 27-29, 2022 held at the Capital Hilton, 1001 16th Street, NW Washington, DC 20036
- Sessions held for both experiences will be different and announced in April 2022 with the agenda.
- Registering for an onsite experience prior to the April 18, 2022 early bird registration deadline automatically provides you with the online experience at no additional charge.
- When is the deadline to register?
- Online registration will close June 17, 2022
- Onsite registration will close June 3, 2022
- When is the deadline to book housing for onsite registrants?
- What is the registration cancellation and substitution policy?
- CUR will honor cancellation requests and provide a refund, less a $50 processing fee, for all requests submitted in writing no later than May 24, 2022. No refunds will be permitted after May 24, 2022. Please submit cancellation requests in writing to CUR@CUR.org.
- Transfer of registration to another individual before the cancellation deadline is free of charge but subject to member classification charges due to differences in conference rates. Transfer of registration after the cancellation deadline will be charged a $50.00 transfer fee. Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the CUR National Office.
- Transfer of a registration from on-site to online only will be permitted until May 24, 2022. In this case, the difference between the on-site and online rate at the time of original registration will be refunded. In the event of a medical emergency after the cancellation deadline, please contact CUR@cur.org to provide documentation and so an extension of the refund policy can be considered.
- What is the data usage policy?
- By registering, you provide consent that your profile will be stored with CUR and shared with processing systems for the purpose of doing business with CUR. You will provide consent to receiving announcements from CUR and you may opt-out at any time by contacting CUR or updating preferences. By registering, you will also consent to CUR sharing your profile information to set up an account in the event platform and that you may opt-out at any time by contacting CUR. By registering, you give consent for any session in which you participate to be recorded and available for viewing for a limited period of time following the end of the event. CUR also reserves the right to use screen grabs and/or photos captured by conference organizers in event marketing materials.
- What is the code of conduct?
- This policy outlines the Code of Conduct for all members, volunteers, and community participants of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) and summarizes the behavior expected of members and volunteers representing CUR in any forum or private correspondence, along with CUR community programming participants. CUR is dedicated to hosting safe and productive experiences for all members of the CUR community. CUR will not tolerate discrimination, or any form of unlawful harassment, and is committed to enforcing this Code of Conduct (the “Code”) at all CUR events, programming, governance meetings, and in any instance where an individual is presenting on behalf of CUR. As a professional society, the CUR is committed to providing an atmosphere that encourages the free expression and exchange of ideas as they relate to undergraduate research. Furthermore, CUR upholds the philosophy of equal opportunity for and treatment of all community participants and staff whether in person or online. To read the full Code, please visit here.
- When will the agenda be released?
- We are aiming to release April 2022.
- What are the perks for registering?
- Registering for an onsite experience before the April 18, 2022 early-bird deadline, will allow for the registrant to get the online registration as well for no additional cost.
- Nonmembers who register will receive a CUR membership for a year included in their registration cost.
- What are some reasons to participate?
- Knowledge exchange, scholarship of teaching and learning, group discussions, and community building to expand their approaches to undergraduate research.
- As a 2021-2022 councilor, am I required to attend ConnectUR?
- Although not required, as a CUR elected councilor or executive board member, CUR highly encourages you to attend. CUR will be working with divisional chairs to orchestrate collaboration space among divisions during ConnectUR. Details on this event extension will be announced in the spring.
- What are the COVID safety protocols being put into place?
- You can find more information about our safety protocols, here. This will also be acknowledged during registration.
- What happens is someone submits an abstract and is accepted to present on-site, but decides later they are more comfortable presenting online?
- Presenters should select their preferred delivery format when submitting an abstract. The planning committee will schedule abstracts on the preferences listed on the submission. The online program and on-site programs will have a completely unique set of sessions and presentations. In the event of someone requesting to switch delivery formats once accepted and scheduled, we will review this on a case-by-case basis. We cannot make a guarantee that the request will be able to be honored since it will depend on availability of session, space, and timing of the request.
- Hotel information:
- Cancellations for hotels made within 72 hours of arrival will forfeit one night's room and tax. Please contact the hotel directly for a cancellation.
- Room rates shown do not include 14.95% room tax per night (subject to change). Total charges presented on the booking website will include all room fees and taxes.
- Children 17 years or younger will stay free of charge in their parent's room.
- To confirm a sleeping room within the room block, the sleeping room must be secured with a valid credit card provided by the guest attending the event, along with a first night's deposit, refundable up to 3 days in advance of arrival. All credit cards used to prepay the room deposit may be charged immediately.
- Currently, the hotel's check-in time is 4:00PM ET, with a check out time of 11:00AM ET. All guests arriving before check-in time will be accommodated as rooms become available. The hotel can arrange check baggage for those arriving early when rooms are unavailable and for guests attending functions on departure days.
- Information regarding Hilton's cleanliness procedures is available here.
If you have additional questions about this event, please email CUR@CUR.org.