Treasurer Nominations - Fall 2020
The Council on Undergraduate Research seeks nominees for the office of Treasurer to serve starting at the conclusion of the 2021 Business Meeting and ending at the conclusion of the 2024 Business Meeting. The CUR Treasurer accepts, invests, and disburses funds as authorized by the Executive Board, serves as co-chair of the Finance Committee, maintains and accurate account of the financial state of CUR, and prepared the budget for consideration at the annual meetings. The Treasurer also chairs the CUR Investments Committee. A Treasurer may serve up to three consecutive three-year terms.
Nominations are due November 15, 2020.
- The nominations submission is a self-nomination. If you would like to recommend individuals to be considered, please refer them to this page or send their contact information to Karen Lee, chair of the Nominations Vetting Committee.
- Ensure your membership is current. The membership requirement can be either through a paid individual membership or as a representative on an institutional or enhanced membership.
- Review your membership profile for accuracy and completion.
- Submit the biographical information via the online form. If you are selected as a candidate by the NVC, this information will appear on the ballot. You may save your submission and come back at any time to complete it. Partial submissions will not be reviewed. Please be sure to submit your nomination by 11:59pm EST, November 15, 2020.
Vetting and Election Process:
- The Nominations Vetting Committee will vet all nominees and submit recommendations of candidates to appear on the ballot to the Nominations Committee by January 19, 2021. Nominees will be notified of their status as candidates at that time.
- Accepted candidates will appear on a ballot that will be sent to the General Council in February 2021. Ballots must be cast by March 9, 2021.
- All candidates will be notified of their election status by late March.
Candidates for Treasurer must be experienced with reading and evaluating budgets, which will be prepared by the Executive Officer. Prior experience with management and oversight of budgets is desired. The treasurer is an officer on the Executive Board and is expected to participate in all Board activities. The Executive Board meets monthly through webinars and teleconferences, in-person twice annually, and also engages via virtual means between meetings. The Executive Board has fiduciary responsibility for CUR, and sets and implements strategic directions to advance the organization. The treasurer must be available throughout the year for meetings and consultations with the Finance Committee and Executive Officer The candidate may NOT be members of the Nominations Committee or the Nominations Vetting Committee.
Application materials include the following:
- An abbreviated CV - no more than 2 pages that highlights professional accomplishments with respect to undergraduate research and relevant experience related to the work of the treasurer;
- A description of your involvement with CUR, focusing on the past 5 years (1 page)
- A description of other relevant experience that has prepared you to serve as CUR's treasurer (1 page).
Submit a Self-Nomination
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page