The Psychology Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research will be providing presentation awards ($100 Amazon gift cards) to students of CUR members who are presenting at the following regional undergraduate research conferences: Rocky Mountain Psychological Association (RMPA), Midwestern Psychological Association (MPA), Eastern Psychological Association (EPA), Southeastern Psychological Association (SEPA), Southwestern Psychological Association (SWPA) and Western Psychological Association (WPA). One award will also be given to students presenting at Association for Psychological Science (APS). Students are encouraged to use the award to purchase educational materials.
- Student must be an undergraduate enrolled at a 2- or 4-year institution during the academic year of 2014-2015.
- Upon applying for this award, the student must have submitted an abstract to one of the following psychology conferences: RMPA, MPA, EPA, SEPA, SWPA WPA, or APS.
- In order to receive the award, the student must be accepted to present their research.
- Student’s mentor must be a CUR member or the student’s home institution must be a CUR institutional member.
- If multiple undergraduate students co-author a single presentation, they will share the award.
a) Short abstract including title and author names and affiliations.
b) Long abstract or 1-2 page summary of the project.
c) Brief (250-350 word) description of the role of the student in the research project.
d) Name of the CUR faculty mentor. Prior to selection it will be determined that the mentor is a CUR member in good standing.
e) Copy of acceptance e-mail (this can be included with the application or sent to the Student Programs Coordinator (firstname.lastname@example.org
Selection Criteria: The abstract and long abstract or 1-2 page summary of the research will be reviewed by three CUR councilors for quality and one research project will be selected from each of the above listed conferences for the award. Contribution of the student to the work will also be considered.
Application Due Date: February 2, 2015
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page