President-Elect Nominations - Fall 2019
The Council on Undergraduate Research seeks nominees for President-Elect, a position on the CUR Executive Board. The Executive Board meets monthly through webinars and teleconferences, in-person twice annually, and also do business constantly over email. Representatives are elected to set and implement CUR’s strategic directions so as to advance the organization.
All nominees must be CUR members at the time of their nomination and, if elected, must remain members throughout their term.
Nominations are due November 15, 2019.
- The nominations submission is a self-nomination. If you would like to recommend individuals to be considered, please refer them to this page or send their contact information to Linda Blockus, chair of the Nominations Vetting Committee.
- Ensure your membership is current. The membership requirement can be either through a paid individual membership or as a representative on an institutional or enhanced membership.
- Review your membership profile for accuracy and completion.
- Submit the biographical information via the online form. This information will appear on the ballot. You may save your submission and come back at any time. Partial submissions will not be reviewed. Please be sure to submit your nomination by 11:59pm EST, November 15, 2019.
Vetting and Election Process:
- The Nominations Vetting Committee will vet all candidates and submit recommendations to appear on the ballot to the Nominations Committee by February 1, 2020.
- Accepted nominations will appear on a ballot that will be sent to the General Council in March 2020. Ballots must be cast by March 23, 2020.
- All nominees will be notified of their election status by early April.
Candidates for President-Elect should be very familiar with current Council business and must have completed at least one three-year term as a Councilor. Candidates should have prior service as division chair, as an officer on the Executive Board, or have had other leadership roles within CUR that have provided a broad perspective on the organization. Candidates should be familiar with and prepared to provide leadership on CUR's strategic plan, strategic pillars, and fund-raising. Prior service on other nonprofit boards is a plus. Well-developed public speaking ability is helpful, given numerous public speaking obligations of the president. President-Elect candidates should have support from their home institution for the time and effort required for events, regular meetings, conference calls, and other issues as they arise throughout their term as CUR President. The successful candidate will serve as President-Elect in 2020-2021, President in 2021-2022, and Immediate Past President in 2022-2023, with terms starting and ending at the conclusion of the Annual Business Meeting. The candidate may NOT be members of the Nominations Committee or the Nominations Vetting Committee.
Application materials include the following:
- Provide an abbreviated CV - no more than 6 pages that highlights professional accomplishments with respect to undergraduate research;
- Describe your leadership experience both within CUR and extramural and how they qualify you to serve as CUR President-Elect;
- Describe your vision and plans for CUR if you were elected, as appropriate link to CUR’s Strategic Pillars and Plan.
Submit a Self-Nomination
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page