The purpose of the institute is to provide directors of undergraduate research programs the means to develop and effectively run their programs. Recognizing the different models of offices of undergraduate research offices, we encourage applications from those that run programs on a full- and/or part-time basis as well as from committees that might have this responsibility on their campus. Models will be from all types of institutions: PUI, regional comprehensive, and Research I institutions.
Click here for the application or cut and paste the following into your browser: https://members.cur.org/members_online/submissions/substart.asp?action=welcome&cid=219
This institute has the following goals:
· To provide models of effective UR Programs
· To equip UR Program directors with a "tool-kit" of essential items needed for running an undergraduate research center.
· To provide access to resources that are available for directors for continuous development of their undergraduate research programs.
· To provide UR Program directors with "mentors" who are willing to provide advice after the institute ends. Mentors will be from a wide range of institution types.
· To begin a network of directors that will extend beyond the dates of the workshops
· To share with directors a variety of campus models that include broad disciplinary scope and focus, and work with students at different stages of their academic careers
As a part of the Institute application, you will be asked to provide a one paragraph narrative statement. This statement may describe any information you deem relevant to assist in the selection process. In particular, you should include the following:
- A description of what you see as the future of undergraduate research at your institution.
- What outcomes you hope to realize through participation in the CUR Institute.
- A description of why a particular individual or why your team members were chosen to participate.
Institute Tuition and Fees:
Enhanced Member: $675/person
Individual Member: $825/person
A $50.00 application fee is due at the time of application. Should you be accepted to attend the Institute, your application fee will be applied to your tuition fees. In the event that CUR does not accept your application, the $50.00 application fee will be refunded. Should you withdraw your application or elect not to participate in the Institute, the $50.00 application fee will be forfeited.
Upon notification of acceptance, CUR will invoice your institution for the amount of $675 per accepted participant (CUR Enhanced Members), $750 (CUR Institutional Members), $825 (CUR Individual Members) or $925 (Non-CUR Institutional Members). If you are not sure whether your school is a member, please refer to the list of Enhanced and institutional members by clicking here or contact CUR's Director of Membership. The registration fee includes all sessions, materials, and meals (Thursday evening through Saturday afternoon).
All tuition and housing fees are due 30 calendar days prior to the start of the institute. To guarantee that a place is held, payment for the institute must be received in the National Office by this date, unless prior arrangements are made with the National Office. Participants that have not paid may be dropped from registration. In the event that a participant is dropped from registration, the application fee will not be refunded.
Should your team need to cancel or any individual member of the team cancel, the National Office must receive written notice of the cancellation 30 calendar days prior to the start of the Institute. In the event of a cancellation application fees will not be refunded. Cancellations received before the cancellation date will not be held responsible for registration fees, however the application fee will not be refunded. Participants canceling after this date will be responsible for the full fee. Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the National Office.
CUR always suggests that their registrants purchase low-cost travel insurance when booking their air reservations. Not only will this insurance cover your airfare in the event of cancellation but will also cover the registration cost for the meeting you were to attend. Ask your travel agent about it.