Friday, January 05, 2018
2018 Deadline for Officer Nominations
All Day Event
Deadline January 5)
The CUR Nominations Committee is issuing a call for nominations for the offices of president-elect, secretary, and general representative to the Executive Board. Nominations (or self-nominations) should be sent via the electronic form. If nominating another individual, please obtain permission before placing their name up for nomination.
Eligibility: Candidates for all positions must be members in good standing of CUR, and must remain so throughout their terms. In addition to attending the Annual Business Meeting each June, all officers are expected to attend Executive Board meetings just prior to the June business meeting and once in mid-winter, and to participate in multiple conference calls and other electronic communications throughout the year. The candidates may NOT be members of the Nominations Committee or the Nominations Vetting Committee.
Candidates for President-Elect should be CUR veterans with a firm understanding of, and experience with, the operation of the organization and the Council. Candidates should be familiar with current Council business and should have completed at least one three-year term as a Councilor. Candidates should have prior service as Division Chair, as an Officer on the Executive Board, or have had other leadership roles within CUR that have provided a broad perspective on the organization. Candidates should be familiar with and prepared to provide leadership on CUR's strategic plan and strategic pillars. Well-developed public speaking ability is ideal, given numerous public speaking obligations of the president. President-Elect candidates should have support from their home institution for the time and effort required for events, regular meetings, conference calls, and other issues as they arise throughout their term as CUR President. The successful candidate will serve as President-Elect in 2018-2019, President in 2019-2020, and Immediate Past President in 2020-2021, with terms starting and ending at the conclusion of the Annual Business Meeting.
Application materials include
- Abbreviated c.v. - no more than 6 pages that highlights professional accomplishments with respect to undergraduate research;
- Please detail your experiences qualifying to serve as CUR President-elect;
- Please tell us about your vision and plans for CUR if you were elected.
Candidates for Treasurer must be experienced with reading and evaluating budgets (that will be prepared by the Executive Officer). Prior service on the CUR Finance Committee or similar committees for other organizations is preferred. The treasurer is expected to be an active member of the Executive Board including participating in the two on-site Executive Board meetings each year as well as for the electronic and phone conference calls and in-between committee work assignments. The candidates also must be available throughout the year for conference calls with the Finance Committee and Executive Officer. The Treasurer will also chair the CUR Investment Committee. The term for the new Treasurer starts at the conclusion of the 2018 Business Meeting and ends at the conclusion of the 2021 Business Meeting.
Application materials should include
- Abbreviated c.v. - no more than two pages that highlights professional accomplishments with respect to undergraduate research and relevant experience related to the work of the treasurer;
- Please detail your involvement with CUR. Limit your summary to your involvement over the past 5 years and treasurer related experience from your entire time as a CUR member;
- Describe other relevant experience that has prepared you to serve as CUR's treasurer.
Candidates for General Representative must be current active members of CUR with a strong history of supporting and encouraging undergraduate research initiatives within their campus and/or the higher education community. Candidates should be familiar with and support the goals of CUR's strategic plan and CUR's strategic pillars. They should have support from their home institution/foundation/employer for the time and effort required to be an active member of the Executive Board including the two on-site Executive Board meetings each year as well as for the electronic and phone conference calls and in-between committee work assignments. The successful candidate will serve from 2018-2021, with terms starting and ending at the conclusion of the Annual Business Meeting in those respective years.
Application materials should include:
Export to Outlook
- Abbreviated c.v - no more than two pages that highlights professional accomplishments with respect to undergraduate research;
- Please detail your involvement with CUR over the past five years;
- Outside of CUR activities, what innovative student undergraduate research programming have you planned, worked on, or been a part of? What was your role and how would you bring that experience to the Executive Board?