Designing a Research-Rich STEM Curriculum: Incorporating Research Experiences in Both Classroom- and Laboratory-Based Contexts
November 15 @ 11:00 am - 5:00 pm
Facilitators: Kerry K. Karukstis, Harvey Mudd College and Bert E. Holmes, University of North Carolina-Asheville
Description:Incorporating research skills and research experiences into undergraduate courses benefits students, faculty, and departments in numerous ways. Workshop participants – individual faculty, groups of faculty, or entire departments – will learn how to plan, design, and implement a research-rich course or even an entire curriculum to achieve their specific goals. A variety of approaches will be discussed and specific examples will be presented including CUREs (course-based undergraduate research experiences) laboratories, classroom-based activities and projects, laboratory experiments derived from faculty research, and research courses for first- and second-year students. Participants will develop an action plan to initiate at their home institution including specifying assessment measures to gauge success. A curated selection of literature resources will be provided.
Agenda: The agenda will be finalized after receiving input from registrant questions.
Available until November 14, 2023
*Want to take advantage of member registration rates? Join here before registering.
Looking to send multiple individuals from one institution?
Group rates are available for three or more individuals from the same institution. A 15% discount will be taken at the time of registration. Other discounts cannot be combined. To register, have the institutional contact log in and register as a group. Not seeing this option? Contact CUR@CUR.org.
Accepted forms of payment for registration:
Credit cards (VISA, Mastercard, American Express, and Discover are all accepted.)
Check payment must be received by November 1, 2023.
Registration Cancellation and Substitution Policy:
CUR will honor cancellation requests and provide a refund, less a $50 processing fee, for all requests submitted in writing no later than November 1, 2023. No refunds will be permitted after November 1, 2023. Please submit cancellation requests in writing to email@example.com. Transfer of registration to another individual before the cancellation deadline is free of charge but subject to member classification charges due to differences in conference rates. Transfer of registration after the cancellation deadline will be charged a $50.00 transfer fee. Institutions may not substitute one participant for another without prior approval of the CUR National Office.
FREQUENTLY ASKED QUESTIONS
- Are there any requirements to attend this event? CUR membership is NOT required to participate, but you will need to create a CUR website account here to register.
- Where will this event take place? This event will be hosted online.
- What are the dates and times of this program? The program will take place on Wednesday, November 15, 2023 from 11:00 AM – 5:00 PM ET.
- When is the deadline to register? Registration will close on November 14, 2023. Please contact CUR@CUR.org if you are having difficulty registering.
- What is the cost to attend? See the registration fee table above.
- What are the event-related policies and procedures? Please see CUR’s Event Policies and Procedures page for questions related to accepted payment types, registration cancellation policy, substitution policy, schedule and agenda changes, data and photo use, and code of conduct.
- Do I need to pay at the time I register? Yes. Payment is required at the time you register. If you are paying by check, please see our address in which to send your payment. Until payment is received, your registration is not complete.
- Will live sessions be recorded? Content sessions will be recorded and made available for at least three months post-event.
- When will the agenda be released? An agenda will be finalized after receiving input from registrant questions.
For additional questions and comments, please email CUR@CUR.org.
Look for additional events on CUR’s events page.