Faculty-Administrator Network Sessions
Call for FAN Abstracts--Deadline: December 12, 2017
We invite faculty and administrators to submit abstracts for professional development sessions and workshops. Abstracts must identify to which of the Council on Undergraduate Research's Strategic Pillars the session relates:
- Integrating and Building Undergraduate Research into Curriculum and Coursework—focusing on building curriculum that is both research-based and supports undergraduate research as an outcome of curriculum.
- Assessment of the Impact of Undergraduate Research—examines the outcomes of undergraduate research on students, faculty, curriculum and institutions.
- Diversity and Inclusion in Undergraduate Research—offers undergraduate research to a wider audience of undergraduates, faculty, and institutions to increase the diversity of participants, particularly from underrepresented groups and institutions.
- Innovation and Collaboration in Undergraduate Research—expanding undergraduate research opportunities beyond academic institutions to research collaborations with business and non-profit organizations as well as between higher education institutions.
- Internationalization and Undergraduate Research—expanding the opportunities for research exchanges, research collaboration, and field research in international settings
You can use the regular abstract submission portal. Once you’ve created an account, you’ll have the option to select "Create New F.A.N. Session Abstract - (Faculty Submitters Only)". In your abstract/session description, please use the below guidelines:
- Abstracts are usually 250-300 words long. They should be no more than 450 words in length.
- Identify the related strategic pillar
- Sessions run for approximately 50 minutes
For questions about FAN Session abstracts, please email: email@example.com .