Applications Open, 2019 CUR Health Sciences Division's NCUR Travel Awards
Student Poster Session, NCUR 2018
The Health Sciences Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $400 each, for undergraduate students in the health sciences who are presenting original research results at NCUR 2019 (33nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research, Kennesaw State University, April 11-13, 2019). Award recipients are required to acknowledge CUR for support of their travel in their talk or poster, to complete a short evaluation form about their meeting experience, and to submit a PDF file of their poster. Minority students are encouraged to apply.
- Student must be an undergraduate at either a two- or four-year institution. If the student is a graduating senior, travel must be completed within three months of graduation.
- Student’s mentor must be a CUR member, or the student’s home institution must be a CUR institutional member
- Student must be a first-time presenter at NCUR
- Apply online
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $400) will require copies of receipts and confirmation of student’s attendance/presentation at the meeting.
Travel award recipients will be chosen based on the scholarly merit of their abstract, which should include:
- A sentence that clearly states the study’s OBJECTIVE (unless included in the title)
- A brief statement of METHODS (if pertinent)
- A summary of the RESULTS
- A statement of CONCLUSIONS (it is not acceptable to state “the results will be discussed”)
- A statement of SIGNIFICANCE
Applications must be received by 5 pm EST on February 20, 2019, for the NCUR 2019 conference. Applicants will be notified two weeks of the application deadline about the status of their application.
Questions? Please contact Dr. Niharika Nath,
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page