CUR Education Division Invites Applications, Student-Faculty Collaborative Research in Education Award
The Education Division is pleased to announce its Student-Faculty Collaborative Research in Education Award. Two (2) awards of $250 each will be made available each academic year (dual and double majors in teacher education program and other related fields). Undergraduates at any stage of their undergraduate programs are encouraged to apply.
This collaborative research may be conducted as an independent study, or as part of or an extension of course-embedded research projects, during Fall 2020 through August 2021. Ideally, the financial support would be used to pay for expenses associated with conducting the research or for conference/results dissemination. Applications are due by April 1, 2020. The application is available through the following link:
Student-Faculty Collaborative Research in Education Award
Potential Project Types
- Should be consistent with education research at the undergraduate level and with the work of a novice researcher or a research dyad (see the Research Skill Development Framework)
- Should have potential for impact on student continuing engagement in research and inquiry in education and education-related fields
- Should have an impact on professional practice at some level (such as the classroom, school, or community) or in an education-related area (such as multicultural education or diversity)
- Stated Purpose of the Proposed Project. This should briefly describe the issue, challenge, or problem, in addition to the conceptual, theoretical, or practical framework that supports the need for investigation and the significance of the work.
- Description of Research Methods. This should describe the research methods that will be used to conduct the research.
- Timeline. This should describe the timeline for the proposed activities, including the proposed outcome of the work such as a paper and/or presentation.
- Presentation Venue. This should describe the venue where the work will be shared (such as an institutional event featuring student research, or an educational or disciplinary conference) and the preferred format.
- Letter of Recommendation from a faculty mentor
Undergraduates can apply at this link. Application deadline: April 1, 2020
Review and Notification
A three-person committee composed of members from the CUR Education Division shall judge the applications according to this rubric. All applicants will be notified of the committee's decision by May 1, 2020.
Questions may be addressed to Jenn Manak or Suzanne Lindt.
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page