2018 Health Sciences Division NCUR Travel Awards
The Health Sciences Division of the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of travel grants, up to $400 each, for undergraduate students presenting original research results at NCUR 2018 (32nd Annual National Conference on Undergraduate Research, University of Central Oklahoma, April 4-7, 2018). Award recipients are required to acknowledge CUR for support of their travel in their talk or poster, to complete a short evaluation form about their meeting experience, and to submit a PDF file of their poster. Minority students are encouraged to apply.
- Student must be an undergraduate at either a two- or four-year institution. If the student is a graduating senior, travel must be completed within three months of graduation.
- Student’s mentor must be a CUR member, or the student’s home institution must be a CUR institutional member
- Student should be a first-time presenter at NCUR
- Electronic application form must be completed by a nominating faculty mentor
- Reimbursement of travel expenses (up to $400) will require copies of receipts and confirmation of student’s attendance/presentation at the meeting.
Selection Criteria: Travel award recipients will be chosen based on the scholarly merit of their abstract related to the field of health sciences, which should include:
- A sentence that clearly states the study’s OBJECTIVE (unless included in the title)
- A brief statement of METHODS (if pertinent)
- A summary of the RESULTS
- A statement of CONCLUSIONS (it is not acceptable to state “the results will be discussed”)
- A statement of SIGNIFICANCE
Applications must be received by 5 pm EST on January 20, 2018, for the NCUR2018 conference.* Applicants will be notified four to six weeks after the application deadline.
Online application portal: https://members.cur.org/members_online/submissions/substart.asp?action=welcome&cid=236
Questions: please send to Dr. Niharika Nath, firstname.lastname@example.org.
* The Health Sciences Division will support NCUR travel for first timers only.
< Back to Home Page | < Back to News Page