NCUR 2020 Cancellation Updates
Refund Policies and Procedures
Montana State University (MSU) in consultation with the Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) cancelled NCUR 2020 due to the COVID-19 pandemic on 11 March. MSU will refund registration fees paid to MSU according to the policies and procedures outlined below. If you have questions that are not addressed below, please email firstname.lastname@example.org.
- Montana State University (MSU) will refund registration fees paid to MSU.
- A $50 service fee will be deducted from refunds for registrations that were cancelled prior to the cancellation of the conference on 11 March 2020 as outlined in the NCUR 2020 cancellation policy.
- Outstanding invoices will be re-issued with a zero balance. Institutions and individuals who have not paid MSU will not receive a refund and will not be required to pay any service fees.
- These policies apply to all registrations including, but not limited to, faculty, administrator, staff, student, and Graduate and Professional Fair representatives.
- Purchases of tickets for events and excursions through the Extras Store will be refunded in full.
- Refunds are being processed for all registrants. There is no need to request a refund.
- Please allow two weeks for processing. We anticipate that refunds will be issued during the first week in April.
- Under no circumstances will MSU be liable for refunds of travel and lodging expenses paid to third parties.
- The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) did not collect registration fees for NCUR 2020 and is not involved in the refund process.
- Inquiries about refunds should be addressed to MSU email@example.com.
Thank you for bearing with us as we work through the challenges caused by the unforeseen cancellation of NCUR 2020.
Original NCUR 2020 Refund Policy/Cancellation Fee
(for elective cancellations by the registrant)
Full refunds, less a $50 cancellation fee for attendee registration will be honored for all cancellations received, in writing, by March 13, 2020. No refunds will be given after the cancellation deadline. Send cancellations to firstname.lastname@example.org
Transfer of registration to another individual before the cancellation deadline is free of charge, but subject to member classification charges due to differences in conference rates. Transfer of registration after the cancellation deadline will be charged a $50.00 transfer fee.
If you fail to cancel your registration by March 13, 2020, and/or are a no show to the event, you are responsible for payment in full. The National Conference on Undergraduate Research 2020 cancellation fee represents the cost in time, labor, supplies, postage, etc., expended in registering and deregistering an individual. Because the cancellation fee represents work performed by the staff associated with the event, it is the conference's policy to assess the fee in all cases.
CUR always suggests that their registrants purchase low-cost travel insurance when booking their air reservations. Not only may this insurance cover your airfare in the event of cancellation but may also cover the registration cost for the meeting you were to attend.
 Neither Montana State University or the Council on Undergraduate Research can guarantee what is covered by travel insurance. You must carefully review any travel insurance policy that you purchase to determine what aspects of your travel will be covered.