CUR Conference 2014
June 28- July 1, 2014
Application Deadline: April 25, 2014
The Council on Undergraduate Research (CUR) is offering a limited number of conference grants, up to $250 each, for individuals to attend the CUR Conference 2014: Creating the Citizens of Tomorrow: Undergraduate Research for All.
Nominees are asked to provide contact and demographical information, a statement of estimated expenses, a statement describing financial need, and a statement on expected outcomes from attending the CUR Conference. Historically under-represented institutions
, first-time attendees, and those demonstrating financial need will be given priority. The review committee will review all applications and will work to ensure awardees represent a diverse group, specifically across discipline and geographic location. Our organization is very interested in bringing individuals to our conference who have experience in broadening participation in undergraduate research and working with diverse student populations at different types of institutions but who have not attended or could not afford to attend a CUR National Conference previously.
Awardees will receive the conference grant as a rebate after their confirmed participation in the conference, and the proper submission of reimbursement paperwork. As CUR members receive additional discounts on registration, awardees are expected to be or to become CUR members at either the enhanced institutional, institutional, or individual level.
A list of information required for submission can be found below:
- Contact information including: name, address, institution, email, phone number
- Past CUR Conference attendance history;
- A statement on what you wish to gain from your attendance at the CUR Conference;
- A statement of estimated expenses;
- A statement demonstrating financial need for attending the CUR Conference;
- Other travel awards you have received for the CUR Conference;
- Demographic information including:
o Underrepresented groups
Please note the application deadline is April 25, 2014.